FIND AN AUTHORIZED DEALER
Looking for an authorized DTA dealer? Click Here
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do any of my local dealers have your products in stock?
You can find a dealer near you by Clicking Here. If there is not a dealer in your area you may place an order directly with us.
- What is the muzzle thread pitch used for each caliber?
3/4x24 for all SRS calibers
- Why doesn't the SRS 308 win have the standard 5/8x24 thread pitch?
We threaded all the calibers ¾x24 for two reasons, number one the larger thread creates a stiffer barrel enhancing accuracy, number two is the 3/4x24 pitch enables one to use .338 caliber silencers on all four caliber barrels, it is very effective and saves money. The ¾x24 thread pattern is large enough that customers can easily have their own gunsmith rethread their barrels down to 5/8x24 if they wish. We do not do custom threads but you can get a 3/4x24 to 5/8x24 thread adapter from Delta P Design
- Do you make a left handed version of the SRS?
Left-handed versions of the SRS are now available and ready to ship.
Will there be any change on your zero after changing out the barrel?
Each barrel has its own zero so when changing from one caliber to another the zero will change, however when changing back to the original caliber it will return to the original zero. Click Here to view test results of our barrel mounting systems return to zero ability.
- Is the SRS legal in California?
- What is the accuracy guarantee for the SRS?
1/2 MOA or better for three shots at 100 yards with qualifying match ammo
- Will SRS Conversion Kits work on my SRS Covert Rifle?
Yes they will.
- Is there any taper built into the picitanny rail?
No, however we make our own scope mounts which have MOA taper built into them. We offer rings for 34mm tube sizes in 20, 30, and 40 MOA tapers. We also offer Scope ring reducers that reduce the 34mm rings down to 30mm.
- How do I determine which taper to get in my scope mount?
Take your scopes total elevation travel and divide it by two. You will want the taper that is just under the result (example: 70 MOA/2 = 35 so the best choice is 30 MOA taper)
40 MOA taper (ideal for scopes with 80+ MOA of elevation adjustment, needed to shoot to 2000+ yards)
30 MOA taper (ideal for scopes with 65 - 75 MOA of elevation adjustment, needed to shoot to 1500+ yards)
20 MOA taper (ideal for scopes with less than 65 MOA of elevation adjustment, needed to shoot to 1000+ yards)
- What is the height from the cheek weld to the center of the scope?
DT SRS 1.52"
- What is the scope height above the bore?
with Desert Tech rings
DT SRS 2.63"
- Who makes the barrels?
We use Premium Match grade barrels from Lothar Walther.
- What coatings are used on your products?
Black Oxide, Melonite, Cerakote, and Type III anodizing are all used on our products
- Are the magazines proprietary?
Yes, our magazines utilize our patent pending shoulder retention feature which cradles the cartridge at the shoulder eliminating projectile impact against the front of the magazine during heavy recoil.
- Does the SRS have a one or two stage trigger?
One stage trigger, however the trigger is fully adjustable for weight, adjustable for creep, and the triggers location can be adjusted.
- What is the trigger weight?
The trigger weight is 1 - 3 lbs and is fully adjustable.
- What is the minimum length of pull?
DT SRS has a 14.5" length of pull
- Does the SRS have adjustable length of pull?
The SRS comes standard with two 1/2" spacers providing 1.5" of adjustable length of pull, more spacers can be added separately.
- What is the internal magazines length?
DT SRS 338/300 magazine is 4"
DT SRS 308/243 magazine is 2.9"
- What factory ammo is the most accurate in the SRS?
Excellent ammunition can be found from many manufacturers, however, we have found inconsistencies from lot to lot from even the best; therefore, we started Desert Tactical Munitions. Manufacturing our own ammunition not only ensures accurate ammunition, but also consistency from lot to lot. Click here for more information about Desert Tech's ammo line.
- When loading my own 338 ammo what load is recommended?
Please refer to warranty policy for hand loads
Can I single feed rounds into the rifle?
Optimum feeding reliability is accomplished from the magazine.
- Do you make a .338 LM Conversion kit for the HTI rifle?
No, we do not. We only offer .338LM conversion kits for the SRS Chassis. The HTI Chassis is much larger than the SRS and does not allow optimization with the .338LM.
- What bore guide is recommended for the SRS?
Desert Tactical makes weapon specific bore guides for DTA firearms that are small enough to fit inside your pants pocket or field cleaning kit.
- What scope is recommended for my SRS?
Any high quality scope as long as it has an objective lens of 56mm or less will work just fine with the SRS.