The Com-Link “Rules of Engagement” Consider yourself warned…
1. Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. Diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or excessive arguing will not be tolerated. Challenge other points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be banned immediately without notice.
2. Do not post off-topic. Please keep your comments consistent with the subject and purpose of the conversation thread. Deliberate disruption -- such as consistent off-topic commentary -- will not be tolerated.
3. Inappropriate content will be removed without notice. Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, racist, hateful, threatening, or otherwise in violation of United States law. Please use good judgement when choosing user names, avatars, or images to post.
4. Register using only one user name. Creating multiple user accounts or flooding the board will be considered a denial-of-service attack on the forums and will result in your being banned.
5. Do not post the same topic in more than one forum. Pick the most relevant forum for your post. Com-Link reserves the right to move topics to another forum as deemed necessary or appropriate.
6. The posting of political or religious material will be deemed disruptive and maybe result in disciplinary action without notice or warning.
7. No commercial postings or links advertising off site sales of any kind will be allowed without expressed permission from the board or one of its moderators.
8. Enforcement of the Rules may happen without warning. If your post is edited, deleted or modified by a Moderator you may inquire to the admin if the reason is not completely clear. Do this by Private Messaging "New Shooter Dan".
9. Com-Link and its moderators reserve the right to delete posts and/or whole conversations we determine are of an irrelevant, abusive or disruptive nature. Disciplinary actions are up to the sole discretion of Com-Link and its moderators, each offense will be taken as a separate incident or maybe compounded with incidents of the past resulting in harsher penalties including prolonged banishment from the site. Anyone attempting to circumvent the disciplinary actions of the moderators maybe permanently removed from the board without warning or notice.
10. You will be responsible for your own Communications and the consequences of posting or otherwise transmitting those Communications. Com-Link does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any material posted or otherwise transmitted. Furthermore, Com-Link does not screen, monitor or approve Communications from our Web site users in advance. If we receive notification about a user regarding Communications which allegedly do not conform to this Agreement, Com-Link and it’s administrators have the right, but not the obligation, to investigate the allegations and determine in good faith and at its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the Communication. We have no liability or responsibility to users for performance or nonperformance of such activities. Com-Link reserves the right to expel users and prevent their further access to the Com-Link Web site for violating this Agreement or violating the law. We have the right, but not the obligation, to remove Communications that are abusive, illegal, disrespectful, disruptive, or otherwise problematic.
Rules for posting in the "Classifieds" Section:
1. All Sales must comply with All State & Federal Laws regarding the item listed. It is the responsibility of the member listing their items to ensure they fully understand the laws in regards to sale of their items. Each listing must fully lay out the applicable laws in writing when necessary to purchase restrictive items such as Class III items.
2. The Classified forums are a service of Com-Link and are for established users in good standing only. Users with less than 100 posts cannot start a topic in any area of the Classifieds Section. You must contribute to this site in a positive manner. Commercial Entities are prohibited from posting without first committing to a commercial sales account.
3. You must fill out your profile with a city, state, and show a valid email address in your profile. The email we need to see is in the "Public Email Address" box.
4. Posting items for sale in forums/topics other than the Classifieds forum will result in your post being removed immediately and potentially user banning for up to a month.
5. Com-Link assumes no liability or responsibility to ensure a smooth transaction. Users of the Classified forums do so at their own risk. Any disputes or fraudulent transactions will result in one or both members being removed. Com-Link also cooperates with any and all requests from Law Enforcement without hesitation to prosecute criminals attempting to use this board.
6. No predatory sales. This means being dishonest, selling stuff you know is crap, etc. Reports of this will be dealt with swiftly and can result in a lifetime ban. The Classified forums exist to provide value, not help you be shady and get rich.
Recommended Guidelines for the For Sale Area
1. Don't make disparaging remarks or comment about items posted for sale. This means anything that might take away from a person's ad should not be posted-quality, price, seller, etc. If you want to negotiate or discuss the specifics of a transaction, PM's are great for asking a seller a question, making an offer, telling them it might be a clone/fake, etc.
2. It’s ok to ask questions about items posted in the item’s topic, but once you have begun the offer/negotiation process, we ask that you conduct it through PMs. It’s better for the transaction, and doesn’t clog up a topic unnecessarily. If 9 people are interested in something being sold, a thread can become clogged up and paged out pretty quick.
3. Remember that communication is key to a good deal for everyone. Let the seller know when you mail the payment, let the buyer know when you mail the goods, stay in contact. Everyone makes mistakes, and most buyers/sellers here are very understanding as long as they know that things are ok and the goods will be delivered. It's no communication and lying that are uncalled for.
4. This is your community - let us or your fellow posters know if you feel things are getting off-topic or inappropriate.
Registration Email Use
From time to time Com-Link sends out emails to the members of this forum for the purpose of notifying members of upcoming events, new additions to the site, changes in the privacy statement, or for the purpose of collecting optional information for the improvement of this site and its services. By Default the email option is set to "Yes which signs each member up to receive these communications from this site. Each member can "opt-out" at any time by changing this setting to "No" during the registration process. This "Opt-Out" feature is also available in your Profile once registered. This is a strictly volunteer service, you may opt out at any time from within the email itself, during registration, or from your Profile. By agreeing these rules you are opting in to receive emails from Com-Link unless you opt out during registration. You can opt out at anytime afterwards at no penalty to you.
1 post • Page 1 of 1